Thursday, December 10, 2009

A fresh start

Hi, My Name is Emily, and I am obese. I have been for as long as I can remember and I have tried for the past 15 years to overcome my weight problem. Every time I try, I fail miserably. I have joined gyms, tried pills, weigh loss drinks, joined sparkpeople.com and most recently weight watchers. I am not sure why I fail every time but I am starting this blog to keep tabs on my emotions, habits, goals, successes and even failures. I hope to one day be a motivation to others including my Husband of 5 years William and my family.

I am 29 years old, soon to be 30, (in 30 days!) and I want to make my 30s happier and healthier than I made my 20s. I have a 6 month old baby girl named Olivia who is the light of my life. She means more to me than I ever thought possible and I want to be a healthy role model for her as she grows up in this crazy world.

The reason I have chosen today and my "fresh start" is because I feel I had a moment that was the straw that broke the camels back. I had 3 brownies for breakfast..... I am disgusted even writing that. We had dinner company last night and the leftover brownies were on the counter. I am so upset that just because they were there, I ate them. I was not hungry, I was not craving chocolate... at 8 am this morning, I had 3 brownies for breakfast.... This has to change. I am going to gain control of my life, become healthy and Fit, and live my best life possible.

I am a registered nurse at a local hospital and the sad thing is, I know better. I know the health problems associated with being obese, I know about diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, fatty live... I know it all, And I know how to get healthy. I have read book after book and article after article, but I have never made that commitment to myself, I have never just bucked up and changed... Well here I am, Putting it all out there.... and from this day forward it is my commitment to myself that I will put my health first. I will respect my body and honor it the way it deserves to be treated. No more brownies for breakfast, no more taking the elevator, no more easy way out.... I am here to get healthy and gosh darn it all, I will succeed....

No comments:

Post a Comment